Novelis is driven by its purpose to shape a sustainable world together.
As a global leader in innovative products and services and the world's largest recycler of aluminium, we partner with customers in the automotive, beverage can and specialties industries to deliver solutions that improve the benefits of balanced lightweight aluminium. We have a coordinated network of technically sophisticated rolling and recycling operations across 23 facilities in 10 countries throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Our customers include some of the largest and best-known brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, AB InBev, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Velux, Nespresso and Samsung. The company is headquartered in Atlanta and recorded $11.2 billion in revenue for its 2020 fiscal year. Our European presence: over 6,000 employees in five countries. Every one of our 15,000+ employees plays a role in crafting the future – of our company and our world.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities.
To join our Supply Chain team at our European headquarter in Küsnacht near Zürich and being located at our production plat site in Goettingen, we are looking for you as a
Supply Chain Analyst (m/f/d) for Demand Planning
The Supply Chain Analyst at Novelis is responsible for managing the planning strategy in order to meet the agreed upon customer service level at the lowest possible cost and for translating customer demands into a feasible production plan, thereby supporting to optimize our two key objectives: customer service and asset productivity. This is an excellent role for a self-starting individual with affinity to IT who is currently building his/her career in Supply Chain Management to join a professional team for an exciting time in the Novelis’ future.
- Responsible for organizing and leading the activities to maintain the replenishment strategy and define the appropriate planning parameters through demand analyses
- Check and analyze the existing planning parameters for the continuous optimization of the required inventory levels
- Responsible for identifying extraordinary deviations and initiating corrective actions with sales and operations to prevent stock-outs and overstocking
- Developing demand forecasts based on (historical) demand patterns and (future) business trends to meet the assigned inventory target level whilst improving the inventory turns
- Closely collaborate with the sales team to improve forecasts, understanding customer and market needs whilst simultaneously promoting process adherence and identifying and leading process improvement initiatives
- Create supply chain forecasts through statistical forecasting by leveraging historical consumption data and future sales data
- Responsible for carrying out root-cause analyses in the event of deviations as well as developing a sustainable solution
- Upgrade and develop reports pertaining supply chain key performance indicators
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering and/or Finance
- At least 3 years experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations Management
- Strong ability to understand complex problems with advanced analytical skills with ability and willingness to work more and more in a data driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytical tools supporting data analysis, reporting and visualization (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Collaborative team player and excellent communicator
- Fluent communication skills in English and German
- Knowledge in SAP modules (PPDS, APO DP)
- Knowledge of a high-level programming language for numerical / statistical computation and visualization (R, Python etc.) would be a plus
- An international working environment with a cooperative culture, room to take additional responsibilities and an open communication through all levels
- Strong links to our senior management in Küsnacht and our manufacturing plants all over Europe
- An attractive salary with an additional bonus program
- Our competitive company pension scheme and a variety of other benefits
- Internal and external development programs to support your career aspirations