The Sartorius Group is a leading international partner of life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry. Our technologies help making the development and production of new drugs faster and more efficient, so that more people have access to better medicine. As one of the fastest-growing global life science companies, we are looking for people who share our ambition and want to make a contribution in a vibrant environment.
We are currently seeking a Scientist (m|f|d) Downstream BioProcessing for our BioProcessing DSP | Corporate Research based at our headquarters in Goettingen, Germany (Sartorius Stedim Biotech GmbH).
In this role you are responsible for purification of viral systems as well as cell and gene therapy expertise and the Investigation of intensified & integrated processes with CQA control including prediction & simulation.
- Research of novel next generation processes for purification of biologics in lab and pilot scale
- Investigation and evaluation of innovative technologies for the biopharmaceutical process intensification and integrated workflows
- Establishing simulation and prediction of virus purification
- Project management, across departments and site, in the BioProcessing Downstream Group
- Expanding our international collaboration network
- Leadership of technical employees
What will convince us
- PhD in bioprocess engineering, biochemistry or a similar educational background
- Profound knowledge in the field of advanced therapies, RNA and virus manufacturing as well as bioanalysis
- Theoretical and experimental experience in purification of new modalities such as viruses (adeno, lenti, AAV), exosomes and therapeutic proteins with single-use technologies
- Preferably process control interest
- Preferably leadership experience in leading teams
- Excellent teamwork and organization skills
- High degree of flexibility and an independent, analytical way of working
- Very good communication skills
- Good command of English and German (written & spoken) and willingness to travel
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
Our ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. More than 11,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Do you also want to contribute to our vision? Grow with us and benefit from working with a Global Player that has kept its familiar atmosphere:
- Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.