Symrise is a global supplier of fragrances, flavors, food, nutrition and cosmetic ingredients. Its clients include manufacturers of perfumes, cosmetics, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and producers of nutritional supplements and pet food.
Its sales of € 3.5 billion in the 2020 fiscal year make Symrise a leading global provider. Headquartered in Holzminden, Germany, the Group is represented by more than 100 locations in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the United States and Latin America.
Symrise works with its clients to develop new ideas and market-ready concepts for products that form an integral part of everyday life. Economic success and corporate responsibility are inextricably linked as part of this process.
Symrise - always inspiring more ...
In order to further develop the diversified portfolio and category strategy of its business unit Sweet, Symrise is hiring for a Category Manager to actively drive the strategy of its Confectionery portfolio and aligned commercial plans to ensure profitable growth in the Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME) region.
Embedded in the multi-disciplinary business segment Flavor, you will be part of a highly dedicated customer team and contribute to the continuous innovation of the Key Account strategy for one of the fastest-growing business units of Symrise. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your previous experience in a commercial function within the food and flavors industry and join a global leader in the B2B flavor market, playing a significant role in the future growth and people strategy of the category.
Regarding this the main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following main tasks:
- Develop and execute category strategy, positioning and commercial plans
- Drive the value chain for Confectionery, using in-depth category understanding to deliver profitable growth
- Develop and execute regional Innovation Growth Plan step-change initiatives, including project management and roll-out plan
- Being an integral part of the Customer Team, contribute to Customer Development Plans turning opportunities into new business
- Regularly assess and evaluate information about sales and profit development by segment and customers to ensure the achievement of growth objectives.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or another relevant business discipline; alternatively background in Food Technology / Science with proven commercial experience
- Basic technical knowledge in the field of food and/or flavors, ideally confectionery products
- Current knowledge of competitive practices and environment
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in a similar role in the food or flavour industry within a global matrix organisation
- Track record of developing major growth opportunities and/or competitive advantage for the business and the customer
Competencies and skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and conceptual competences and the creativity to develop inspiring solutions
- Demonstrated ability to discover new market chances and turn ideas into winning projects
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to manage strategic projects independently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in English and German, any further European language is advantageous
- Open and respectful corporate culture with flat hierarchies and the possibility to work on innovative projects in a team-oriented and international work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, associated daycare facilities for children and further offers to support work-life-balance
- Individual training and international career opportunities
- Attractive compensation package and profit sharing, 30 vacation days per year, holiday pay and Christmas bonus for tariff employees
- Company pension scheme, life time working time accounts, canteen as well as other social and complementary benefits